Sips going down on October 6, 2018
25+ Virginia wineries. Live Music. 100 Vendors. Food Trucks. Let's do this...
Powhatan knows how to uncork and unwind. Party in the streets with 8,000 of our closest friends while tasting the best Virginia has to offer. Help us celebrate a sweet sixteen years of the Festival of the Grape with reds, whites, roses, and a few sparkling surprises. Explore Historic Courthouse Village when it transforms into a crossroads of arts, crafts, brews and more.
Receive an e-mail when tickets go on sale.
Become A Vendor
Arts & Crafts
After the Wine...Rewined
Always a Happy Hour
Christopher Mize Studios, Inc
Do The Jerk-ey
Elegant Jewelry Pouches by Susie
Giggle in Pink
Jolly J's Kettle Korn
Main Street Farm Stead
Mermaid's Dream Jewelry
Plantations Peanuts of Wakefield
Powhatan's Festival of Fiber
Roots Custom Designs
Sew Much Fun
Sweet Heat Candles
The Amethyst Cauldron
The Nutman Co.
Tilley's Favorite Dog Biscuits
Virgina Wine of the Month Club
Cruise Planners-Glen Allen
Higley Family Chiropractic
Wealth Innovations, LLC
I want to be a vendor...
We will be happy to have you apply to be a vendor! Please click on the appropriate application, print, and mail with your check. One is for Art & Craft vendors, and one is for our Powhatan Chamber members who want to be a vendor in our Chamber Section of the festival. Click here for information about joining the Powhatan Chamber of Commerce.
Remember we screen all applications, and will notify you of acceptance or denial (your check will not be cashed if you are not accepted). PLEASE remember to read the regulations!
Wineries and food truck vendors, email us directly.
Fees & Details
- $120 for Non-Chamber members for each 10’ x 10’ space. $100 for Chamber members for each 10' x 10' space. Limit of two spaces per vendor.
- Event is held rain or shine with no refunds. No pets allowed except service dogs.
- Festival provides only an assigned space. Vendors are responsible for tents, table, chairs, & help. No electricity is provided. Generators are not allowed.
- Tents to be surface standing with minimum (4) 5 lb weights. No ground stakes, due to asphalt.
- We expect that exhibitors will have liability insurance. Vendors accept full responsibility for their own negligent and other wrongful acts and omissions. The festival committee and its organizers will not be responsible for injuries, losses or damage of any kind.
- Check-in is on RT 300 (Scottville Road), turn off RT 60 to RT 300 South. DO NOT ENTER ON ROUTE 13.
- Upon check-in, one parking pass and two breakfast buffet tickets will be provided. More breakfast tickets may be purchased at the County Seat.
- All entries, both new & previous vendors, are screened for quality. Festival accepts or rejects an applicant to insure variety & quality. Photos or website displaying your crafts & booth are required with your application. Enclose a SASE to have photos returned.
- All jewelry vendors must create/assemble their own jewelry, no re-sale or pre-made jewelry.
- Vendors may not sell any product that creates excessive clean-up, such as peanuts in shells. Vendor trash must be taken with you.
- No direct sales vendors such as Tupperware, Mary Kay, etc. There are two exceptions: we have one direct sales vendor who is grandfathered in, and our chamber members in a special section.
Setup & Takedown
Set-up Saturday morning begins at 7:00 & must be complete by 10:00. Drive your vehicle to your space, unload, move your car to parking, and then set up your booth. A parking pass will be provided at check-in. This must be displayed on dashboard to park in Vendor Parking. All other vehicles park in general parking.
DO NOT BLOCK TRAFFIC FLOW. Take-down is 6 p.m. Vehicles may not be driven into festival until 6:30 p.m.
Tickets & Festival Entry
Vendors are given free General Admission when arriving for set-up. If you need other tickets, please purchase them in advance on this website. Those arriving to setup do not need a ticket. You must purchase ticket for helpers coming into the festival later.
I have the best direct sales business! Do you have a dealer yet for [Tupperware, Mary Kay, etc]?
We have made the decision to not have direct sales type businesses at the festival. There are two exceptions to
this: we have one direct sales vendor who is grandfathered in because she has been with us since the first year,
and our chamber members who have a special section
I sell beautiful jewelry that is very unique. I don’t make it, but it is handmade by someone. May I be a vendor?
We are sorry but no. Your hands must make/assemble the jewelry.
I need help to unload my car and set up my tent. Who will help me?
We wish we could help, but we don’t have enough volunteers to offer that service.
I organize my booth in such a way that I need to setup the booth as I unload the car. Is that okay?
Our festival is in a beautiful, but small setting. It gets very congested with cars. You must unload your boxes & tent, move your car and THEN come back to setup.
Oh, I read that I only get one vendor parking pass! Please give me another one, I must have a second car.
We cannot. Your second car can park in general parking which is just a little farther away than our limited
vendor parking. One of our volunteers will direct you to both parking lots.
Why do I have to wait until 6:30 PM to bring my car to my space for take-down? The festival closes at 6:00!
This is a safety issue, because the public doesn’t vacate the streets until long after we have closed.
I have been a vendor with you for years, so I assume I am guaranteed a space!
Every festival we carefully look at each vendor that has set up. Based on that review some are not invited back
the following year. It is to the benefit of the vendors and their customers to keep this a quality festival.
I would like tickets for the folks who have to come in later in day to help me with my booth.
You will need to buy tickets (on powhatanwinefestival.com) for your helpers coming in later (after set-up).
Remember those arriving to setup in the morning do not need a ticket.
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS. WHO CAN I CONTACT?
Email Susan Ash, Vendor Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.